The filing of invoices in accounting is an essential system in practice in order to always have the best possible overview. For you as an entrepreneur in particular, it is important to find an ideal solution for filing invoices for you and your bookkeeping. There is no invoice template here that can be used equally well for everyone. A tax advisor will certainly have a different invoice filing than a painting company. You can find out everything you need to know about invoice filing and what you need to consider in the following article.
Why is proper invoice filing so important?
According to foodanddrinkjournal, one of the most important topics that an entrepreneur has to master or that is very important in his company is accounting. You not only have to observe the legal requirements for accounting, but also ensure the best possible order. To do this, you need a decent invoice filing system . Only in this way can important information be found quickly and passed on or processed. A well thought-out invoice filing system brings you some advantages:
- You can find your documents faster. If you get used to a system for filing your invoices right from the start of your own business, you don’t always have to search. The system in which you introduce a sequence for your document processing has proven to be the best. It makes most sense to order them by date .
- So that your bookkeeping is always up to date and the payment of your bills is always carried out on time, an invoice filing for the cash register and bank is recommended. In this way, with the document processing according to the order of the date, you can sort, record and do everything in a short time.
- You save additional costs for a tax advisor. If you prepare your accounting documents for the tax advisor, he doesn’t have to sort them out himself and can do his work faster. That means you have to pay less for his work.
Digital invoice filing
It should not have escaped you that we are in the age of digitization. You should also do justice to this fact in your company. Specifically, this means that a paperless office should be the goal if you haven’t already implemented it. But that also means that you should work with a digital invoice filing system.
In combination with modern software for a paperless office, you can manage your accounting completely online. You can scan and photograph all of your toppings and email them to a cloud.
This not only keeps your accounting up to date, it also saves you a lot of time. Time that you can use meaningfully for your core work. An electronic invoice storage has given you a lot of advantages to offer.
Advantages of digital invoice filing
Below are just a few advantages that digital invoice filing offers you:
- You save time: Saving time is a huge advantage. The sooner you can send your invoices to your customers, the sooner they’ll have them in their hands. You can do this very easily today by email and you will save yourself the time on the post. The faster he gets the bill, the faster he can pay you. Of course, this also has an effect on your liquidity . The faster the money is in your account, the better it is.
- You save costs: Saving costs is just as important as saving time. Both bring you money. With a digital invoice filing system, you can send your invoices by email and save on postage. In addition, you don’t need expensive stationery, envelopes or folders to file all of your invoice copies. The more invoices you send, the more resources you can save in the area of employees. Nobody has to bag it and then bring it to the post office.
- Constant availability: Another great advantage of digital invoice filing is that you can access your documents anytime and anywhere. For example, you can also make internal processes, such as the approval of invoices, much easier and more efficient. In addition, with electronic invoice filing, your invoices are always protected from unauthorized access.
- High optimization potential : With your electronic invoice filing in combination with modern accounting software, you have a lot of potential for optimizing your business processes. You can do a lot automatically, without you or your employees having to intervene. For example, invoices are read out fully automatically and the transfer to your booking system is also carried out automatically. Internally, you can better manage many processes and procedures and make yourself less dependent on your employees’ vacation or illness.
- Archiving made easy: You no longer have to archive and store anything in filing cabinets or countless other office cabinets. Everything is stored on servers. Your documents are easy and quick to find, they are protected and you can easily comply with the GoBD regulations without any headaches . It couldn’t be better or safer.